Pattaya – Let’s Go Go Girls
After the success of Thai Bar Girls – Money for Honey, I’m now going to turn my attention to go-go bars and wrap up my mini-series.
Go Go Girls Pattaya
There are a few different ways of escaping the afternoon heat of Pattaya. Slipping into a go-go bar to enjoy a happy hour drink in the company of scantily clad women is one of the more pleasant options.
Go Go bars first appeared in Thailand during the Vietnam War. US forces on R & R used them as a convenient form of ‘sex-ercise’. The stampede of tourists to Thailand in the late 20th century saw go-go bars become more popular as the sex industry sprung to life in Bangkok. Patpong, Soi Cowboy and later Nana Plaza, sucked tourists in. Pattaya grew ten-fold to become one of the world’s major sex tourism destinations. Now, Pattaya is referred to as the sex capital of the world.
The Classroom, Mistys, Living Dolls and Kitten Club may sound like female pop bands, but to an experienced Pattaya go-er, they are a place to beat the heat and watch sexy Thai girls dance on poles. In a city where sex sells, go-go dancers command a monthly salary far above that of the bar girls. The price they charge customers for services, rubber-stamps their elite status over bar girls.
So what are the advantages and disadvantages of the go-go dancer and the bar girl?
Go-Go and No Go-Go
Green for Go-Go
- What you see is what you get – The go-go dancers are as a rule of thumb, lithe and good-looking. Their bodies are always on show, and so they usually are a lot more fitter looking with little or no body marking. The dancers also tend to be taller girls.
- Where have you been darling – All the go-go bars have short time rooms where you can take a girl for ‘good time’. That’s a plus for the girls because the tourist and expat, married or otherwise, can slip into a go-go bar for an hour or two of unbridled pleasure.
- Professionalism – These girls will give a more professional and sophisticated approach to pleasing their customers, simply because their livelihood needs to be protected.
Red for No Go Go
- Price – You will pay a lot more for a go-go girl than your average bar girl, solely for the reasons listed above. Bar fines will start at 500 baht, and the dancers will demand between 1000 & 2000 baht for themselves. Late afternoon and late evening may see the girls prices drop if there’s a lack of punters in-house. Christmas and New Year will see the prices rise sharply.
- Sugar Daddy – There is a much more likelihood of a go-go girl having a rich sugar daddy than the less well off bar girl, and she certainly isn’t going to tell you about him. Leave your heartstrings in your hotel room when visiting go-go bars.
- Island Girl – If you’re thinking of taking a go-go girl off to an island for a spot of R & R it’s going to be expensive. Compared to the lower-income bar girl, your exotic dancer will command a high fee, and almost certainly expect a decent class hotel to go with it. She’ll probably want to shop at expensive malls too. Most bar girls are content shopping at markets or superstores. The higher price bar fine will need paying too.
Soi Pattayaland and Walking Street both have plenty of go-go bars. There’s also many more dotted around the city. If you are going for an afternoon or evening’s fun in Pattaya’s pole dancing bars, remember to leave your heartstrings in your hotel room. Pattaya go-go girls do.
Beyond The Mango Juice in no way implies the girls in the photographs attached to this post are involved in the sale of sex.